Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Things You Should Know About Cloth By Kim

Here are a few things you should know about Cloth by Kim before you make an order:

  1. One of my primary goals in starting Cloth by Kim was to make cloth diapers more affordable for friends. When I discovered how inexpensive I could make the diapers I just couldn't stomach charging 4 times as much in the final cost. I know that price holds many people back from using cloth diapers so I wanted to make these as affordable as possible.
  2. I strive to charge reasonable shipping rates. What this means is that since my profit is lower in the product area, I charge as close as I can to the actual shipping rate. I know that many stores will offer free shipping, but please understand that the post office does not ship for free and I don't have as much extra to take this from.
  3. Sometimes you may notice that the diapers may have imperfections. While we strive to give you the best quality possible, sometimes small mistakes do happen. Some stores would then offer these diapers as "seconds" at a discounted rate. I have found my prices to come close to these discounted rates, so for now, I won't be discounting these any further. If you find that an item that you purchased is inferior in quality and performance, then please let me know and I will do whatever I can to fix the problem.
  4. I am trying to make these affordable while still making a small profit (half of which goes to adoption funds of people that we know). I buy the material on sale at a discount when I find it, so these are not "cute" diapers. They are one color. If you want something specific then I can try to do that too, but I may have to charge you a little more since these prices are based on my finding the best deals and passing that along to you. I also will not be keeping things in stock so it may take up to a month from the time that I receive your order to when you receive your product. That allows a week to order the material, then time to make it, and then mail it out to you.
  5. There is a three year warranty on the diapers. This is about how long the materials should last when used and cared for properly. Therefore, anything that happens to them before that point is probably something that was done incorrectly while making them. So, I will take full responsibility for that and right my wrong!
  6. At lastly, I am not a "professional" seamstress, and I am still learning. I welcome ideas on how to make these things better! If you have any ideas on new products, I welcome those too!
  7. Finally, if you would like to order, please email me at GourmetKim (at) gmail (dot) com or leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment